Effective date: January 25th, 2023
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide you with and improve our Service.
Types of Data Collected
While using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you or otherwise to provide the Services to you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Organization name
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser and/or mobile device sends whenever you access or use the Services (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain the Services;
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or information so that we can improve the Services;
- to monitor the usage of the Services;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfill any other express purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about our Services to you, including expiration and renewal notices, email instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with newsletters and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide, as follows:
Disclosure for Law Enforcement.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including by sharing your Personal Data with third party payment processors, financial service providers or other partners that may provide services requested by you in order for such service providers and partners to contact you, as you have requested as part of the Services;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property or safety of our customers or others; and
- internally to other members based on internal services you agree to the use of.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of or located within the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or the UK, you have certain additional data protection rights. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within the settings section.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to comply with such requests, we may require additional information from you in order to confirm your identity.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority; however, we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your personal information first.
For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under GDPR
We may process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
Transfer of Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may have the following rights:
- Right to Know: The right to request the personal data that we collect, use or disclose and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: The right to request that we delete the personal data we have collected about you; and
- Right to Non-Discrimination: The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
To request further information pursuant to your “right to know” or to request deletion of person data pursuant to your “right to request deletion”, please email us at email@example.com.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days, and provide a substantive response within 45 calendar days, or inform you of the reason and extension period (up to 90 days) in writing. Under the California law, only you or an authorized agent may make a request related to your personal data. Note that to respond to your requests to access or delete personal data under the California law, we must verify your identity.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals:
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Services on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how the Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers, including Google Analytics, to monitor and analyze the use of the Services.
Security of Data
We may provide paid products and/or services within Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 (“Child” or “Children”).